- Partners and Associations
- Nurse Next Door – Our caregivers provide care around your needs, your budget and your time. We provide the busy family with an affordable and caring solution that keeps your loved one at home and allows you to continue with your other responsibilities.
- Ontario Community Care Access Centre – Along with the work that we do with service providers, we also work with a multitude of agencies in your community to provide connections that will meet your health-care needs. You will find CCAC representatives working in your local hospitals to assist with your move back into your home or an appropriate care option; working with a variety of local community support agencies to enrich your day-to-day living and maintain your independence; collaborating with physicians and nurses to ensure you are receiving the care you need; as well as partnering with local educational institutions, from universities to grade schools to support research initiatives and family care.
- Ontario Home Health Care Providers – The Ontario Home Care Association is an organization of home health and social care service providers and serves as the voice of home care in Ontario. OHCA members deliver nursing care, home support services, personal care, physiotherapy, occupational therapy, social work, dietetics, speech language therapy and medical equipment in the home. Ontario Home Care Association members are contracted by all three levels of government, Community Care Access Centres, insurance companies, institutions, corporations and private individuals.
- Canadian Paraplegic Association – Ontario – To assist persons with spinal cord injuries and other physical disabilities to achieve independence, self-reliance and full community participation.
- Reliable Independent Living Services – The Accessibility Directory is your one-stop resource of service-providers in Canada that can help you make your home or workplace accessible.
- Spina Bifida and Hydrocephalus Association of Ontario
- Citizens with Disabilities Ontario – Citizens With Disabilities – Ontario (CWDO) actively promotes the rights, freedoms and responsibilities of persons with disabilities through community development, social action, and member support and referral. Our primary activity is public education and awareness about the social and physical barriers that prevent the full inclusion of persons with disabilities in Ontario.
- Centre For Independent Living Toronto
- Toronto Rehab
- March of Dimes
- Centre For Stroke Recovery
Accessibility Tools and Networks
- Accessible Home Finder – Real Estate – This site is designed for Buyers and Sellers of accessible homes or homes which can be retrofitted.
- Barrier Free Living – accessibility networking – Networking site for those involved in barrier free living.
Events and Accessibility News
- People In Motion – Canada’s Premier Event for Persons with Disabilities, Seniors with Special Needs And Professionals Working In Related Areas.
- Accessibility News – online magazine/newsletter